Ever wonder why some winners stick around?

Mena_1986

Oks, let's picture this: a guy scores real big, up 5K in just a few hands, only to watch it all vanish. Why couldn't he quit, you say?
So I urged him to seize his luck and hit the town. 'You're on a winning streak. Go enjoy the city!' I suggested. But all he did was laugh.

Oks, let's picture this: a guy scores real big, up 5K in just a few hands, only to watch it all vanish. Why couldn't he quit, you say?
So I urged him to seize his luck and hit the town. 'You're on a winning streak. Go enjoy the city!' I suggested. But all he did was laugh.

I bet you bought bitcoin for all in 2022! And why shouldn't he leave right after the first winning hand?

He’s right to laugh. Both of you have completely different reasons for gambling. You wouldn’t understand his point.

hey, when I was about 14, my parents gave me €10 to try my luck on a slot machine. to everyone's surprise, I turned that into a massive €250 win! When they asked what I wanted to do with the money, I insisted on keeping it and enjoying it while on vacation. It was the best time of my life! tonight, however, I deposited €200 and won €2300, but then lost €1600 on a super bad streak. lol I guess I was smarter when I was a kid!

The nature of gambling is not in the triumph, but in the pursuit. The thrill of potentially increasing one’s winnings is what draws people in. Thoughts like “If I managed to win 5k, surely I can make it 10k” keep the cycle going. However, luck eventually shifts, losses occur, and even if you’re still up overall, the desire to recover those losses kicks in. This is how individuals end up relinquishing their winnings and falling behind.
Only those with exceptional discipline can navigate the world of gambling, and even for them, it’s a game with negative expected value.

I think many people simply don't know what to do with their winnings, so they just keep putting it back in, hoping to win even more.

Hey Mena,
For some people, gambling can be an escape from reality or daily problems. However, for others, losing money can lead to attempting to chase their losses by continuing to gamble, hoping to win back what they've lost. It's a pretty common situation in gambling.

Back