Why do some betting sites allow you to cashout the entire amount before the event starts, while others lower the cashout option?

I heard that Bet365 or BetMGM let you cash out the full amount, but DraftKings, for instance, doesn't. why is that?
lowering the cashout option allows the betting site to manage its risk. If a lot of money is staked on a particular outcome, the site might lower the cashout option to protect itself from potential large payouts

Oh boy, another newbie asking for betting advice. grabs popcorn
be nice tnt, we all been there
I heard that Bet365 or BetMGM let you cash out the full amount, but DraftKings, for instance, doesn't. why is that?
It often comes down to business strategy. Some books use full cashouts as a way to attract customers, while others prioritize keeping bets active.

I think there should be a law allowing full cashouts within 15 minutes of placing a bet. It would help in case of accidental bets.

Here's a different perspective: Pre-game cashout amounts typically decrease if the odds become less favorable. But they never offer you more than your original wager if the odds improve in your favor.

DraftKings seems to take about 10% of your wager even on immediate cashouts. It's just another way for books to make extra money.

It's all about maximizing profits. Books that take a cut do so to encourage you to keep your bet active, as they make money when people bet.

Has anyone else noticed fewer cashout options during live games recently? I used to see them all the time, but now they seem rare.

From my research, Bet365 and BetMGM are generally more cashout-friendly. DraftKings and FanDuel tend to be stingier. Choose your book wisely, folks!

Different books have different policies. Some like FanDuel and Caesars take bigger cuts, while others like BetMGM are more favorable for cashouts.

Back